Monday, June 16, 2014

A New Dex.ini Switch – VBADisable=TRUE

Here’s one more for the collection.

I ran into an issue today after I loaded the patch to update my GP 2013 to build 1745. After the patch was loaded, I no longer had access to Modifier. I’m a pretty heavy Modifier user, so this was a big problem for me. I searched around the Internet a bit and didn’t find anything. I looked on the forum, even posted a question, but didn’t get an answer.

Next, I looked at the Dex.ini file for the new build and compared it to the old build. A Ha! There was a new Dex.ini switch that appeared in my build 1745 install. The switch read: VBADisable=TRUE. That sounded to me like it might be the problem. I changed the TRUE to FALSE and tried again.

Sure enough, the Modifier tool was once again available. This is probably documented somewhere, but I couldn’t find it. If you should run into this, here’s your answer.

Enjoy!

Leslie

No comments: